Dentist Highlight: Dr. Daniel J. Lyu | Delta Dental of Arizona BlogDelta Dental of Arizona Weblog


Dr. Lyu and staff of Cereus Dental Care posing in front of a giant toothbrush

Say howdy to Dr. Daniel J. Lyu of Cereus Dental Care in Tempe, Arizona! Dr. Lyu focuses on offering complete care to his sufferers however is keen about maintaining with the most recent developments in dentistry and has centered his persevering with training on implantology and esthetics dental restorations. 

Dr. Lyu earned his Physician of Dental Surgical procedure from New York College Faculty of Dentistry and accomplished a Normal Observe Residency at Lincoln Medical Heart. Within the fall of 2020, Dr. Lyu moved from Westchester, NY to Arizona to be nearer to household and has been working in his Tempe workplace since 2021. 

In his spare time Dr. Lyu enjoys {golfing}, fishing and spending time outdoors together with his spouse and two kids. 

What made you resolve to change into a dentist?

I made a decision to change into a dentist at an early age, in all probability 8 or 9 years previous. I had a impactful go to to the dentist, and I used to be fascinated by all of the devices and supplies that have been used, and the feeling of anesthesia. The sound of amalgam being compacted could be very distinctive. Going into school, I knew that I wished to work in healthcare and assist sufferers and being uncovered to dentistry early on gave me further data to know that was the place I wished to focus. My dad and mom have been each dental technicians, and I might “work” of their laboratory throughout my summers.

Do you sweep and floss as a lot as you suggest?

In fact! I’m brushing not less than twice each day, for at least 2 minutes, and flossing each day. I sometimes use the only flossers with a deal with, as a result of it’s troublesome for me to floss my molars, and I angle the flosser across the corners of the enamel so I’m completely cleansing all surfaces.

What’s your favourite toothpaste taste? 

I favor a sweeter style with a touch of mint! There are some toothpastes that comprise xylitol, which has a candy style.

Electrical or guide toothbrush? 

Positively electrical all the way in which. It’s a lot extra environment friendly, why wouldn’t you desire a cleaner mouth in the identical period of time?

Which superstar has the perfect smile and why?

Julia Roberts, as a result of she has such a full smile! I imagine that we will even see her 3rd molars!

For those who might inform sufferers to cease doing one factor, what wouldn’t it be?

It could be to cease utilizing something more durable than a comfortable toothbrush, as it could trigger injury and put on to your enamel.

What’s the perfect dental recommendation you’ve ever obtained?

Deal with the affected person, because the oral cavity is a part of an individual. Typically, we will have “tunnel imaginative and prescient” and simply give attention to the enamel and therapy.

What’s the perfect factor about being a Delta Dental dentist?

Delta Dental being the biggest dental insurance coverage firm permits me to faucet into the biggest community of potential sufferers!

What’s your favourite dentist joke? 

What do you name a bear with no enamel? A gummy bear! My second favourite: The dentist advised his affected person to open wider. “My goodness!” the dentist stated. “You’ve acquired the largest cavity I’ve seen, the largest cavity I’ve seen.” “Okay,” stated the affected person, “however I’m scared sufficient. Do it’s worthwhile to repeat your self?” “I didn’t,” stated the dentist. “That was the echo.”

Do you will have any humorous tales from the dentist’s chair?

I’ll need to get again to you on this one…

What are three issues that all the time make you smile? 

My spouse, Jennifer, my two kids, Alexander and Olivia, and our new addition, Pepper our poodle!

You have got a ardour for maintaining with the most recent developments in dentistry. Why is it essential to proceed to teach your self and continue learning?

For those who’re not maintaining, you’re falling behind. I need to present the perfect dentistry that I can for my sufferers, and which means attending CE programs and studying journals, to broaden and enhance my talent set.

For those who have been caught on a desert island, what three issues would you deliver with you? 

I’ve been watching a few of these survival actuality exhibits, so I might desire a fire-starter, an axe, and a fishing internet. Thrive not simply survive!

 

 

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post